Creative Critical Reflection

  • How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?
            My magazine layout is minimalistic with minor adjustments to the images and their placement, to let the audience focus on the text and the illustrations that accompany it. My magazine represents the issues ongoing in China and its government that restricts freedom of speech and carries out the destruction of culture.

  • How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?    
            My magazine engages audiences with symbolism, an example being the cover page. It grabs the audience's attention and gives a statement about the Chinese government and how it uses its power to silence groups of people that have cultural or religious differences. 

  • How did your production skills develop throughout this project?        

            My production skills didn't develop very much as I had difficulty with deadlines and getting them in on time for them to be critiqued so I just went with whatever was in mind when creating my magazine. I'd say the biggest achievement for me in terms of production skills was the cover page because of its artistic value and its symbolism that it expresses.

  • How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware, and online - in this project?        
            For my magazine, I used the Lucidpress website, as we had a past history utilizing it, which made me familiar with it, therefore I had an easier time creating my magazine. For research, I used Youtube, as the videos covering the subject matter were easier for me to digest than words on a screen. I could pause to take notes and click on a certain part of a video if I didn't catch what the speaker was saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #5

Citizen Kane Discussion Post